Building Excellence from the ground up.
SynfoSys is committed to its delivery standards. Evolving with technology breakthroughs, we have innovated and built a roadmap that has transformed strategies by steering them in the right direction and implemented the right business mix that resulted in consistent delivery of quality.
We recognize that our development methodology plays a significant role in the quality and efficiency of our development work. We constantly refine and enhance our processes to maintain our development projects' efficiency and high level of quality.
Our methodology focuses on three main areas:
- Transitioning (project initiation)
- Agile methodology (project execution)
- Continual improvement (processes & resources)
SynfoSys understands the transition of the processes from current to its future environment which could impact an organization and its customers. SynfoSys has a robust four-phase transition methodology that ensures all impediments and potential risks are identified and mitigated during the transition phase in order to ensure continuity of service. The stages in the process include -
- Assess and Initiate: Analyze, understand and assess 'as-is' processes; Develop prioritized migration roadmap; assemble a project team, develop State-Of-Work, kick-off transition.
- Plan: Develop detailed plans for staffing, recruitment, technology, infrastructure and monitoring/reporting, etc.; Optimize plans for speed and continuity
- Execute: Execute plans - setup staff, install technology, build facilities, prepare training materials, train new hires, etc.
- Staging: Move to operate in a nested mode, initiate processes monitoring, dashboards, and execute, hand-off to operational.
The cornerstone of SynfoSys is to manage and implement solutions in dynamic business environments. Responsible for implementing the solution and works with clients to help them achieve their business objectives and goals. At the very onset, SynfoSys steering team, consisting of senior leadership members, is set up to regularly review the progress of the program. Any major issues that need escalation will be raised to them for quick resolution.
Our proven transition methodologies, practices and processes focus on results and identify sustainable opportunities for streamlining and strengthening our clients' operations. Our Methodology towards managing and delivering projects has helped us bring in the right level of expertise in our customers' business.
Agile (Effective Execution)
Small steps, high visibility and strong commitment are the cornerstones. Our expertise in Agile methodology is more adaptive rather than predictive; and provides complete visibility and accounting at each stage of project development.
We believe that the most important factor in getting Scrum and Agile to function as intended is that the majority of employees actually have to acquire new habits and behaviors. The factors that are always part of a successful change assignment are:
- team building
- modifying certain roles
- being able to set goals
- driving change forward
As the requirements cannot be fully collected at the beginning, emphasis is given to continuous customer involvement.
- Domain experts prioritize the user stories and prepare backlog
- Technical experts provide estimates and schedule user stories for the sprint. Sprint is generally targeted for 3-4 weeks, but varies on customer demand or to meet project specific requirements
- Sprint planning includes the clear scope of the tasks assigned and expected output from each resource
- Daily scrum meetings are held for resources to escalate any constraints / issues they face to meet the targets set. Product manager or Scrum master clears the constraints within the defined period
- At the end of the Sprint, working software is demonstrated to the customer to get valuable feedback from customers
- Feedback points are added onto the backlog and the entire process is iterated. Software is revised with new stories, feedback points and delivered
Induction and Continual augmentation (Continual Improvement)
The impetus on the orientation programs and employee development at SynfoSys has been crucial to the organizational growth and quality of resources.
The orientation and assessment goals have been one of the core organizational focuses. At SynfoSys we strongly believe in an effective skill honing and assessment programs; which is based on the following factors:
- Dynamic needs for increased adaptability and skills that market demands
- To align the skills of employees with the organizational mission
Insight into activities of continual improvement
At SynfoSys, skill nourishment programs or devices based on day-to-day activities tracked under Insight (Internal Project Management tool).
With Insight, each resource is assigned tasks along with estimations. Performance of the resource is calculated both in technical and non-technical (judged by lead/manager based on his/her behavioral attributes) aspects. Technical score is arrived by considering actual vs. expected estimates at task level. The tool compiles all the task scores achieved by the individuals based on daily status updates on their tasks. There are multiple attributes and algorithms using which the tool evaluates an employee based on the day-to-day activities. Performance reports are generated based on the technical (day-to-day tasks) as well as non-technical attributes (soft skills) rated by Individuals (self) as well as reporting leads/managers for a scheduled period.
This helps in identifying areas for improvement; accordingly, training objectives and goals are planned and scheduled for individuals as well as teams.